What is your most used social media?

Friday, December 6, 2013

Social media today


Welcome back bloggers, unfortunately this will be my last post on my blog, but we'll keep in touch down the road!

I'd like to first start this post by asking a serious question; what would the world be like without social media? Imagine it. We'd have to send letters to our friends and family instead of e-mailing or text messaging; we would have to actually sit down and watch the news on the television in the family room with our family instead of laying in bed on yahoo or Google finding out whats going on in the world, and we would even have to read books from the library instead of researching information online! It's a scary thought. I don't even think I could go a month, let alone a week without my social medias.

Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Hotmail and all of those popular social networking sites have become a very important aspect in our daily lives. Put aside the fact that we waste numerous hours on these sites, they have changed the world for the good! These social sites have increased communication not only locally, but around the world. You can instantly send a tweet, a direct message, a Facebook message, an e-mail, or any of the other thousands of ways available all around the world.

You have instant access 24/7, which can sometimes be comforting. You have access to your friends, family, and even strangers at any time of any day. Friends and family can easily access your updates, your location, view pictures you've posted and even keep track of your relationship status! And, when I say 24/7, I mean it! Some of my friends are on Twitter late at night (or should I say in the early morning) instead of sleeping... Also, you can easily stay on top of news and events all around the world with one click of a button. Nowadays, people can make dinner reservations, buy movie tickets or even check morning traffic reports The accessibility is truly endless!

Social networks are also a great way to reconnect with past friends, co-workers, teachers or even family members you aren't close with. I know when you join Facebook, the site gives you a list of recommended friends and friends you may know based on the information you give them.

Today, 98% of the world uses social media and this doesn't surprise me. But, what did surprise me is that Israel is the most engaged country in social media, I thought for sure it was either United States or Canada. However ladies and gents, in my opinion a world without social media would be worst than death! I'd no longer be able to communicate with people, I wouldn't be able to share photos, check updates, or even keep track of my friends relationship status'! What would I even do with all of my spare time? Homework maybe? Probably not. Tell me how your life would change without social media!

Till next time tweeters and Facebookers!

http://www.statisticbrain.com/social-networking-statistics/
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/you-say-more-you-think/201106/where-would-we-be-without-social-media



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your social media countdown. My favourite posts were the ones, like this one, that discussed your personal opinions and / or anecdotes. Some posts focused a tad too much on just the history. Good work.

    ReplyDelete